When I first heard about Oxblood Red earlier this year I was disgusted by the sound of it. But after looking at a certain Alexander McQueen oxblood red dress I knew it was love at first sight. Oxblood is a red brownish, wine red, more like a warm shade of burgundy. Fall fashion is something I always look out for. And I couldn’t contain my excitement while I browsed through fashion magazines, updates, and blogs flooding with oxblood red. With fall almost here, at least not in Bombay but most of the places and my love for fall fashion I couldn’t help but write about it in my very first post on Beautifour.
You could incorporate oxblood red in your casual attire. Think oxblood red jeans, a sleek black shirt, black booties, or ballet flats. For a fancy evening nothing beats a custom made oxblood red dress. Jazz it up with a clutch, smokey eyes and some bling if you want. If you are still unsure start with accessories first. Bags, scarves, shoes or even a nice bracelet. For a formal look a well fitting oxblood red pencil skirt with a white shirt tucked in should do the trick. If it is really chilly where you live oxblood red trench coat or blazer is something that you must invest in. For the true daredevil at heart oxblood red lips will set you apart from everyone else. Just one rule to follow here is pick either your clothing or accessories in oxblood red and go easy on the rest. Oxblood red looks best when teamed with blacks, browns, golds, grays or whites. So if you are wearing a oxblood red dress, pick neutral color accessories. Or vice versa.
– Anushka Sharma looking stunning in a burgundy saree. A good change from the usual bright reds this wedding season.
Here are some of my picks for this season. Paint the town oxblood red girls!
– Miu Miu Glitter Suede Pumps for a spurge you won’t regret
– Cambridge Satchel in Oxblood Red. (Available on Asos)
– Zara Jacquard Skinny Trousers
– Mango Suede Biker Jacket
– J Crew Tall Pencil Skirt
– Topshop Ribbed Pleated Oxblood Skirt
– 3.1 Phillip Lam Pashli Satchel
– Zara Biker Coat with Zip
– Oysho Lace Body. ( Available on Asos )
– Oxblood Wide Leather Belt Alexander McQueen
– Steve Madden “Wearme” Sandal in Burgundy
– Sequin Peplum Topshop Dress
– Dr.Martens in Oxblood Red
– Marc by Marc Jacobs Wide Rubber Katie Bracelet
– Cross- Panel Alice+Olivia Jersey Dress
– Zara Lace Pencil Skirt
– ASOS 80 Denier Burgundy Tights ( On sale! )
– Mango- Touch Quilted Patent Bag
– Topshop Peplum Tank
– MAC Sheen Supreme in Good to be Bad
– Faces Glam On Lipstick in Crimson
– Revlon Nail Enamel in Vixen
– Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte- Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick- SPF 15 in 12 Forbidden Burgundy
– Chanel Le Vernis in Rogue Noir
– Lakme Classics 403 in Deep Blush Maroon
– Make Up For Ever Powder Blush in Dark Raspberry 58- Vibrant Matte Raspberry
– Krystal Swarovski Crystal Statement Drop Earrings
– Men’s Rolex in Oxblood Red ( Currently Lusting )
– ASOS Roll Brim Felt Boater
– Fall Flower Bouquet Inspiration (via Weddinggawker)
We do not own any of the pictures above. If a picture belongs to you, write to us and we will give credit where it is due.
5 thoughts on “Fall/Winter Trend Alert 2012- Oxblood Red”
Love love love the Lip Color! And the pencil skirt too!
Thank you, Papple! 🙂
Ik vind deze kleur echt prachtig! Ik vind je blog heel erg leuk, daarom ben ik je met bloglovin gaan volgen! Hopelijk neem je ook nog eens een kijkje op mijn blog!
Dankjeee. We zullen zeker een kijkje nemen op jouw blog.
Ik volg jou nu ook via bloglovin´ 🙂 xx